Medik8 CE-Tetra® is a revolutionary ultra-stable vitamin C serum which helps combat sun-induced damage to the skin, as well as improve the skin’s texture and brighten the complexion. Designed for both men and women in their mid-20s to 40s.
Regular vitamin C is very unstable and many typical vitamin C products are inactive by the time they are used on the skin, in some cases, they have become pro-oxidant and actually generate free radicals! Ground-breaking stability data on CE-Tetra guarantees real vitamin C activity and best of all, unlike L-ascorbic acid (regular vitamin C), CE-Tetra will not exfoliate or irritate skin.
CE-Tetra® contains 7% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, the most potent and highly stable derivative of vitamin C available. CE-Tetra has been shown to have upto 4 times the potency L-ascorbic acid and other derivatives such as MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate).
Medik8 CE-Tetra Explained
Featuring Christy – Our PSS National Skincare Educator
Benefits of Medik8 CE-Tetra
- Protects skin against oxidative stress the main cause of photo-ageing
- Complements sunscreen creams. Once applied, CE-Tetra® absorbs immediately and cannot be washed off
- Adds a luminous glow to the skin, evens out skin tone and leaves it supple, bright and well hydrated
- Protects against free-radicals, the high energy particles which damage collagen, the skin’s natural scaffolding
- Supports collagen and elastin synthesis, helping the skin to tighten and erasing minor lines and wrinkles
- Fights against hyperpigmentation and post-acne blemishes
- Increases physical resistance to capillary damage and thereby has a benefits to redness-prone skin
- Improves the lipid barrier of the skin and stimulates the production of ceramides
- Formula is non-acne aggravating and non-comedogenic (does not clog the pores)
Key Ingredients in Medik8 CE-Tetra
- Vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) – lipid-stable vitamin C
- Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopherol) – antioxidant, helps to protect the skin from free radical damage and act as a network antioxidant with vitamin C
- Linoleic Acid – skin penetration enhancer
How to Use Medik8 CE-Tetra
CE-Tetra has been formulated for direct application to the face.
In the morning, after cleansing, apply 3-4 drops directly to the skin and blend evenly across the whole facial area, including eyes, neck and décolleté. Alternatively, place a drop on your finger and massage into the skin. Leave to absorb for 2-3 minutes.
Follow with the application of Hydr8 SPF25 or your preferred SPF hydrator/sunscreen
Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Tocopherol (d-Alpha)