Hydr8 Night is a rich, intensively hydrating, overnight moisturizer with Resveratrol and Beta-Glucan.
Medik8 use professional strength Resveratrol derived from Japanese Giant Knotweed which is much more concentrated than sources from grape skin. Resveratrol is a new class of ingredient, called a Silent Information Regulator, possibly promoting cell longevity and helping to improve the appearance of tired skin overnight. Beta-Glucan, usually derived from Japanese mushrooms, is the second highly potent ingredient in Hydr8 Night. Beta-Glucan helps support the skin’s natural restoration mechanisms and is ideal for night-time skin texture renewal.
Together with calming botanical extracts, including Valerian and Passionflower, Hydr8 Night is the new meaning behind ‘beauty sleep’.
Suitable for all skin types. Ideally suited for use with Medik8 Retinol 3 TR.
The Benefits of Medik8 Hydr8 Night
- Resveratrol has been shown in studies to potentially increase cellular longevity and help keep skin looking young for longer. It also delivers potent antioxidant properties
- Beta-Glucan is renowned for its ability to enhance the skin’s ability to protect itself from detrimental conditions (harsh weather, pollution, UV light, etc.).
- Passionflower extract, rich in alkaloids and flavonoids, effectively soothes and calms the skin from sunburn, irritations and minor skin wounds
- Valerian extract, conventionally used for its sedative and anxiety-relieving properties, gently calms your senses and helps you get your beauty sleep
- The rich and nourishing formula helps to restore radiant suppleness and a smooth feel to the skin during the night
- Offers a rich moisture reservoir for overnight skin rejuvenation and rehydration
- Smoothes the epidermis, improves skin elasticity and density and eliminates the uncomfortable feeling of tight skin
- Helps to restore skin clarity and brightness lost throughout the day
The Technology Behind Medik8 Hydr8 Night
Resveratrol is a phytoalexin, a type of antibiotic produced naturally by plants that are under attack by pathogens such as bacteria or fungi, as well as UV exposure or physical injury. It has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties and is widely renowned for its capacity to increase cellular longevity. The foundation for these claims was built upon the discovery made by David Sinclair, PhD, at Harvard University, who established that resveratrol has an impact on the activity of the sirtuin gene family, also known as “longevity genes” – a group of 7 genes associated with the aging process. Sirtuin is often referred to as a ‘protector of cells’ as it assists cells with their self-repair when they are close to destruction. When the cell hesitates between the struggle or surrender, sirtuin steps in and persuades it to fight on and to repair itself. Without the sirtuin, the cell would have died and as cells die, one ages.
Resveratrol naturally occurs in two isomer forms – cis and trans. Of the two, it is the trans isomer that has been shown in numerous studies to be the most bioactive and beneficial form of resveratrol. Medik8 only uses the chirally correct trans form of resveratrol derived from Japanese Knotweed – a robust, herbaceous perennial plant often regarded as the most abundant and reliable source of resveratrol.
How To Apply Medik8 Hydr8 Night
In the evening, after cleansing, apply a small amount of Hydr8 Night to face, neck and décolleté, avoiding upper and lower eyelids and lips. Use light, upward strokes and allow the cream to fully absorb.
Use Hydr8 B5 Serum prior to application of Hydr8 Night for enhanced re-hydration effect or mix with Retinol 3 TR or other Medik8 serums to target individual skin concerns.
If irritation occurs, rinse off with water. If irritation persists, cease use and contact your skincare professional.
Medik8 Hydr8 Night Key Ingredients
- Resveratrol: one of a new class of active ingredients, called Silent Information Regulators, it could possibly promote cell longevity, and has strong antioxidant and brightening properties to help to improve the appearance of tired skin overnight
- Vitamin E: antioxidant, helps to protect the skin from free radical damage and could assist in the prevention of premature skin aging
- Beta-Glucan: helps support natural skin restoration mechanisms and is ideal for night-time skin texture renewal
- Passionflower and Valerian: two powerful botanical antioxidants with calming and soothing properties
Official Medik8 USA Online Supplier
Leading results for Skin Ageing, Hyperpigmentation, Blemishes, Dryness & Redness
We are proud to introduce Medik8 – a British based Skin Research Company pioneering the latest cosmeceutical technologies. These breakthrough products yield incredible results — even for the most sensitive skin. Apart from being kinder to the skin, this new technology is also kinder to the planet. This “Green Cosmeceutical Brand” has discovered how to make ingredients less aggressive without reducing potency – all the gain without the pain.
Medik8® – Complete skincare range – Members Get 10% OFF at Every Checkout JOIN NOW