No products in the cart.
Medik8 Retinol 3 TR
Vitamin A Serum
- Combats common skin-ageing concerns
- Improve skin clarity and texture
- Leads to a more youthful skin appearance
Size: 15ml | 0.5 Fl Oz
Medik8 Retinol 3 TR is an optimized serum containing 0.3% encapsulated all-trans retinol in its purest and most active over-the-counter form. Retinol 3 TR is designed to conveniently apply directly to the face without mixing.
Retinol has been shown in several clinical trials to combat common skin-aging concerns such as facial wrinkles, lines, folds and a loss of firmness by stimulating collagen and hyaluronic acid production. Retinol has also been proven to improve skin clarity and texture, promote anti-pigmentation plus demonstrate pore-minimizing effects, all leading to a more youthful skin appearance.
- Diminishes the appearance of the size and depth of wrinkles and lines
- Boosts the appearance of firmness, plumpness and epidermal hydration
- Minimizes the appearance of pore size and rough skin texture
- Evens the appearance of blotchy skin tone and signs of past blemishes
- Used with White Balance, helps brighten the skin and prevent future hyperpigmentation
- Used with Medik8 ‘Beta’ range of products, retinol can assist with managing acne prone skin
- Popular professional dose of 0.3% is ready made for direct face application
- Formulated within a Jojoba carrier oil base rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and vitamin B complex
- Novel time release mechanism reduces irritation by gently releasing actives over hours not minutes
- Enhanced stability over regular retinol products by using film encapsulation to protect retinol from oxidation
- Medik8 further ensures maximum stability for ALL retinol products with unique 30 day small batch guarantee
Medik8 only use all-trans-retinol, the most bioactive form of cosmeceutical Retinol available. Retinol 3TR™ contains 0.3% retinol, for direct application to the skin. It is delivered to the skin in jojoba carrier oil, which has properties similar to those of the skin’s natural oils and contains high levels of vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and vitamin B complex. As with other Medik8 retinol products, Retinol 3 TR is boosted with additional vitamin E in a molecular film base.
Medik8 Retinol products use a novel Time-Release system to reduce the level of stinging that is very commonly reported by users of standard retinol products. It works by releasing molecules over time rather than in one big ‘hit’. The skin receives the same dose of retinol per application but spread out over hours not minutes. While people with sensitive skin may still find Retinol produces some stinging at first, the degree of sensitisation is markedly reduced.
An unfortunate weakness with standard Retinol is its instability. Retinol easily oxidizes, becoming inactive, when exposed to oxygen either in the air or in the water of cream products. Even though Medik8 and some other professional brands have revolutionized Retinol stability with film encapsulation techniques this technology is not foolproof. Therefore, Medik8 have added three further enhancements to all their Retinol products ensure the highest potency at the time of use. Firstly, Medik8 Retinol is only formulated into non-aqueous serums (ie. no creams which contain water and oil mixed). Secondly, Medik8 Retinol batches are stored under inert Nitrogen gas while awaiting filling. Lastly, Medik8 operate a strict 30 day small batch guarantee.
How to Apply
Retinol 3 TR has been formulated for direct application to the face. Retinol application should be phased in gradually. Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other day for the next 2 weeks, then every day.
After cleansing in the evening, apply 4 drops of Retinol 3 TR directly onto face. Alternatively, place a drop on your finger and then blend into the skin. Leave to absorb before applying your regular Medik8 hydrator.
Consult with your Doctor before commencing a retinol regime if pregnant, lactating, undergoing skin peeling procedures or taking prescription medication for acne.
- All-Trans Retinol (0.3%) – helps support collagen synthesis, improves skin texture and increases skin hydration.
- Time-release technology – improves stability and minimises irritation associated with regular retinol products, and ensures effective absorption
Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopherol Acetate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, BHT, BHA
Medik8’s Complete Retinol (Vitamin A) Range
Official Medik8 USA Online Supplier
Leading results for Skin Ageing, Hyperpigmentation, Blemishes, Dryness & Redness
We are proud to introduce Medik8 – a British based Skin Research Company pioneering the latest cosmeceutical technologies. These breakthrough products yield incredible results — even for the most sensitive skin. Apart from being kinder to the skin, this new technology is also kinder to the planet. This “Green Cosmeceutical Brand” has discovered how to make ingredients less aggressive without reducing potency – all the gain without the pain.
Medik8® – Complete skincare range – Members Get 10% OFF at Every Checkout JOIN NOW
Get 10% Off every purchase by instantly becoming a member
FREE to Join
To enjoy the benefits for Membership, all you need to do is sign up here. It is completely free.
10% OFF Purchases
Members enjoy a 10% discount on every product, on every order. The discount is applied at checkout.
Free USA Shipping
Members enjoy free US shipping with every order.
Members receive exclusive offers on a monthly basis.